MDHSS has over 30 volunteers assisting the organisation in many of its programs and services. MDHSS is well supported by many people in the community who offer their skills and friendship to assist staff and clients in a diverse range of centre based activities and out in the community.
MDHSS is committed to increasing the level of community participation by providing opportunities for volunteering within the organisation. Volunteers assist MDHSS to achieve its goals and in return, volunteers gain new skills and form different friendships.
The work of Volunteers is critical to the success of the organisation. Volunteers are active in:
- driving the bus locally and out of town
- assisting with kitchen duties
- coordinating book club
- coordinating kitchen rosters
- supervising the walking program
- growing herbs and vegetables in the garden
- assisting with games and movie afternoons
- assisting with the support groups organised by the Neighbourhood House
- transporting clients to medical appointments in Mallacoota.
If you would like to become a Volunteer at MDHSS, please contact the Health Centre on 5158 0243. .
As a key element of the selection process for volunteers, police checks will be conducted in accordance with funding body requirements and legislation.